This page was last updated: November 9, 2014
Saturday, November 15 - KMEA District & State Honor Choir auditions, selected students
November 19, 20 & 21 - Musical Revue, SME Auditorium
Tuesday, November 25 - Men's Chipotle Tour, all men, class time
Wednesday, December 3 - Holiday Concert, SME Auditorium, 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 21 -
- ChoirBooster General Membership meeting (2015-2016 trip information meeting), Choir classroom, 7:00 p.m.
- ChoirBooster Executive Board Meeting (prior to General Membership meeting), Choir classroom, 6:30 p.m.
**All SMSD Volunteers who have direct contact with students, either individually or in grorups, must complte a volunteer screening process. The process will include an online application, a short training session, and a complete fingerprint background screen. The application can be accessed from the SME web site, and the form can be completed before attending a training sessisession.
The Shawnee Mission East Choir Boosters organization provides added support for the hundreds of students enrolled in one or more of the school's five choirs.
We are so fortunate to have a vibrant group of students
involved in Choral activities under the tutelage of such a talented and dedicated director as Ken Foley. To help them operate at such a high level, members of the Choir Boosters volunteer in various ways.
For example, needs exist for people to:
- assist with various choir activities/events throughout the school year,
- work with Mr. Foley to plan and execute one or more performances,
- recruit ushers for one concert each year,
- serve as liaisons for parents with questions, and
- help assign robes and stolls and to assist students in keeping them organized and in good condition.
Some fundraising is done by the organization, and amounts raised along with membership fees, serve to enhance the work Ken Foley is doing for our students.
Support our choirs by becoming a member of Choirboosters:
Membership form - please send your completed form along with your donation to Ingrid Kerwin at the address specified on the form. Thanks so much for your support!
Sally Foster Sall
Shawnee Mission East Choir Boosters
Your 2014-2015 Choir Boosters Executive Board Members:
Amy Cramer - President
Susan Arnspiger - President Elect 2015-2016
Lora Furstner - Treasurer
Jill Peters and Liz Paulk - Fundraising
Ingrid Kerwin - Membership
Nancy Weatherholt - Communications
Jennie Eldred - Secretary